Federal Work Study Program
- The Federal Work Study (FWS) Program provides funds for part time
employment to students who demonstrate financial need as reported by the
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To be eligible to receive
FWS, a student must have outstanding financial need after all other grants,
scholarships, and loans are applied to pay for a student’s charges on their
- FWS funds cannot be used to pay fees. FWS is earned by the student
throughout the semester and is paid bi-weekly for actual hours worked.
- Student’s are paid the current minimum wage rate and can work no more
than 30 hours per pay period. Most students work 15 hours per week.
- The FWS also encourages community service work and work related to the
recipient’s course of study. Placement is subject to availability.
- To apply for the Federal Work Study Program, please complete a Federal
Work Study Application, and turn it in to the Office of Financial Aid.
Georgia Department of Labor
Helpful Job Resources