Tigers Live Mail
SGSC Student E-Mail System
IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE: Tigers Live Mail is
hosted by Microsoft Windows Live @ edu. Please read the
Privacy Notice Highlights and the
Privacy Supplement before proceeding.
WHEN WILL STUDENT E-MAIL ACCOUNTS BE AVAILABLE AND HOW LONG ARE THEY ACTIVE?
- Student e-mail accounts are automatically generated each semester on the
first day of class for first time students.
- Accounts remain active for the duration of a student's matriculation at South Georgia
- Accounts will be deactivated automatically after 180 days of inactivity.
WHAT IS SOUTH GEORGIA STATE COLLEGE'S POLICY FOR E-MAIL USAGE & WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I VIOLATE THIS POLICY?
- All persons utilizing South Georgia State College's student e-mail system must
review and abide by the SGSC E-mail policy (see link below).
- Violators of this policy will have their e-mail privileges revoked and
their accounts deactivated.
WHERE CAN I GET MY STUDENT EMAIL ACCOUNT?
- Students may obtain his/her e-mail address via Tiger ID lookup (see link
below) or by visiting the IIT Division located on the first floor of
- Presentation of a picture ID is mandatory before any IIT Division staff member can release e-mail information to a student.
- The IIT Division cannot release e-mail information via telephone or to any other party due to security reasons, so please do not ask.
HOW MUCH STORAGE DO I HAVE IN E-MAIL INBOX & WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I REACH MY STORAGE LIMIT?
- Student e-mail accounts are limited to a 2 Gigabyte quota.
- Any e-mail sent to an account that has reached that quota will be bounced back to
the sender; this includes e-mail messages containing large attachments.
- South Georgia State College cannot guarantee that e-mail that was bounced due to a quota limit will be redelivered.
- South Georgia State College is not responsible for cleaning up student e-mail inboxes when the quota limit is reached, therefore, it is the student's responsibility to keep his/her e-mail inbox in check.
Tigers Live Mail Access and Information